(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
SonoCon™ acoustical foam panels and baffles are engineered to eliminate reflected energy and reduce ambient noise levels. A variety of product thickness, panel design, and physical characteristics enable selections which will closely meet specific sound absorption requirements.
The open cell acoustical panels are uniquely shaped to maximize the surface area exposed to acoustical energy; as the surface area increases, panel sound absorption efficiency also increases. Increasing the thickness of the panel increases the sound absorption performance at the low frequencies. Special panel configurations locate sound absorption at wall and ceiling intersections which otherwise act to amplify and direct sound into the room environment.
Color schemes and configuration choices blend acoustic performance with esthetic considerations.
SonoCon™ foam performance options include :-
- Panels which are heat resistant to 480°F and withstand continuous exposure to 300°F temperatures.
- Panels rated Class I to comply with Code requirements for specific room occupancies requiring non-combustible construction for flame spread, smoke density and fuel contribution.
- Panels with a permeable membrane to withstand damp environments and permit ready cleaning.
- Panels which can be painted to match room design and decor.
- Hanging baffles highly effective in reducing reverberant noise in large rooms with hard surfaces such as firing ranges, auditoriums, swimming pools, and athletic courts.
- Standard anechoic wedges for broad band and low frequency sound absorption and requirements.
Specifications • Acoustical Performance
- 12 x 12 in
- 6 in
- 2 lb/ft3
- Anechoic Chamber Environments
Low Frequency Applications
Sound Absorption Coefficients
- Frequency (Hz)
- AW 6"
- AW 8"
SonoCon Sound Control Brochure (PDF - 1.47MB)
Back to top